Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stories

I went back to look at some old facebook posts about China to send to someone and found some great stuff. I was thinking about why I had so many regular great experiences in China, but not so many in the US. In China I lived the life of adventure and every week or two I would have some amazing story happen to me. I realized that here in the US good stories still happen, just in small moments.

Let me share a few of the good stories that have happened in the last few months.

I went skiing in Heavenly with my brother Tim.
I taught someone my age how to ride a bike for the first time in their life.
I prayed for the guy at the barbershop who was recently widowed.
A girl I like a lot asked me to drive to another city and back in the same day - we left at 1 am and got back at 11am.
I went to Chicago and rode the ferris wheel on the lake.
I met a top communication scholar who said he liked my research topic.
I went black friday shopping and spend 3 hours in line to get this laptop that I am using right now.
I went hiking with some british guys in the canyon.
I went to One Thing 09 and spent four days in Gods presence.
Other people have been gaveled for making fun on me in student senate on at least 3 occasions.
I puked in the weight room at 8 am while working out - and then did another set.
I shared the gospel with one of my friends.

These stories are small, nothing like the multiday adventures that I experienced in China. But they are significant. They are the things that make my life fun and meaningful in many ways. I want to start seeing everyday, no matter how boring or normal it may seem as an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment